Monday, February 18, 2008

Tiki Raspberries

I loved Lise Bergene's chicken pattern layout so much, that I tried the same layout with my Tiki pattern. (Click on picture to enlarge--it came out so small when I uploaded it onto Blogger.) I also added three-dimensional tongues to these little guys--they look like they're sticking their tongues out at you!

The canoe paddles and the tiki torches--well, I'm truly surprised that they came out so well. I can't draw, so I googled real photographs of torches and oars on the internet, printed them out, and traced them. You have to compensate if you can't draw. I think they came out pretty good! They're actually identifiable as the objects they were intended to be.



I realize I haven't posted much knitting lately, so here's some Jaywalkers for you knitters out there. These are made from KnitPicks Essential sock yarn in "Pebble". I love this pattern. They're a little snug on my legs, but they stay up well. Definitely a pattern I'll do again.



On Kauai today, it was another beautiful day in Paradise.


Reminder: the drawing for the Happy Hula Hut giveaway is this Tuesday at midnight! Enter by leaving a comment under the "A Very Happy Hula Hut Day" post. Good luck!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your Tiki quilt! and the socks too. Haven't tried socks yet but plan to.Thanks so much for your photo today!!! Bright and cheery! we have gone from snow to rain! Yuck! A great sewing day, though.

Anonymous said...

I like this new tiki quilt! I also got some new ideas of it! I love to see those beautiful sceneries both here and in my calendar!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The Tiki Raspberries is a wonderful, whimsical treat. Too clever!! The photo from paradise is one to cherish for those in the frozen areas of the mainland; it represents hope.

Dawn said...

Adorable quilt---how fun! And I am soooo envious of your knitted socks. The knitting gene was somehow never bestowed on me....and I can't quite get used to the denseness of a crocheted sock.

Enjoy the warmth of your sun-drenched day---your picture raised the temperature in our kitchen by a few degrees.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I can't belive how fabulous your tiki torches look. That is amazing. Your socks are also fantastic, I will spend the rest of the day walking around with sock envy. I may need to go shop away the pain.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa!!!!!!!!!! I love your tiki quilt! No, not just love... but LOVE! Serious love. I want to reach into your blog and grab it. But that would be wrong. So very wrong. Plus I can't afford to replace my imac/monitor. ;-p

I'm so impressed (and envious) of your photography skills! For the life of me I can't get my quilts too look straight like yours.

Teresa said...

LOL!
Those little guys are just so wild Lisa - I love them!
Their sticky-out tongues are just the perfect finishing touch!

susan said...

great wall hanging! i am not sure of the time line on the stuff you do...are you out pacing jeni? and doesnt she look great these days, i am jealous :-) supposed to get to -20 tonight but i will be snug as a bug in my nice warm bed

cinnamongirl93 said...

I can hear the bam bam of the drums from here! Cool use of the pattern and fabric! You do live in paradise. Keep those landscape pictures coming! I love them! The socks are great too! See you tomorrow!!!

CONNIE W said...

The photos all are filled with STUFF I LOVE. The tikis are just too cute. And that view, sigh, to die for. All I can write about the socks is I'm jealous I can't do that but I hope to knit someday.

Brooke said...

Don't try to butter us up with a picture of your beautiful surroundings...I have not forgotten the critter you found in your house!!! It is burned in my brain and I may not ever visit Hawaii now!!!

The bag....too cute. I love the sassy red lining. Dang dryer : )

Your cat and mine just might be related!